Moving into Ho Chi Minh City and studying at Bach Khoa University (Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology – HCMUT) is a whole new experience for students. We are excited to welcome and assist students during their study in the university regarding Visa, Accommodation & Arrival service.
► Highlights of Bach Khoa University
1. Visa Approval Letter
Students who get admission to Bach Khoa University are supported to get the Visa Approval Letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department. With the letter, students can apply for visa to Vietnam from their countries of residence easier.
The process of acquiring entry visa to Vietnam:
- Students accept Offer of Admission from the University (including required in-advance payment)
- Bach Khoa University then work with the Vietnam Immigration Department for students’ Visa Approval Letters.
- Students use the Visa Approval Letter to apply for Visa to Vietnam, following instructions (including visa fee) from the Vietnam Embassy in their countries of residence.
Feel free to contact the International Admission Department (via email firstname.lastname@example.org or the enquiry form at the bottom of the page) if you have any inquiry.
2. Visa Exemption to Vietnam
Students, parents and partners wanting to visit Bach Khoa University can acquire visa to Vietnam by following instructions of the Vietnam Misnistry of Foreign Affairs.
Residents of certain countries are exempted for Visa to Vietnam.
► Read more on Visa Exemption to Vietnam & scheduling for site visits at Bach Khoa University.
Students who get admission to Bach Khoa University (Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology) can choose to stay in the Dormitory of the University or stay in suitable hostels.
1. Dormitory of Bach Khoa University
The Dormitory is located 1 kilometer far from the main downtown campus. Students’ room are equipped with beds & matress, tables & bookshelves, air-conditioner (depending on room types), internet access, a microwave oven, a fridge, safe cases, a private bathroom, etc.
Utilities within the Dormitory: elevators, laundry services, gym & fitness room, medical room, library, computer lab, canteen and convenient store, sport yards, etc.
Dormitory fee: around 100 USD/ month (depending on room types)
Students contact the International Admission Department to preserve a place in the Dormitory at least one month before arrival (a deposit of 100 USD is required).
Students are advised to stay in the Dormitory of the university for a semester to get known of the area in case students want to living out of the dormitory.
2. Other housing options
Students can browse for other options around the University area through Booking.com, Hostelworld.com, AirBnB.com, etc.
Free airport pick-up service is provided for all international students admitted to Bach Khoa University when students arrive at Ho Chi Minh City – Tan Son Nhat International Airport (IATA: SGN, ICAO: VVTS) with conditions:
- Students contact the International Admission Department as soon as students have flight tickets to Vietnam, or at least 10 days in advance.
- Flight arrival time is between 6:30 AM – 8:00 PM.
Under some circumstances that Bach Khoa University couldn’t arrange to pick students up at the University, we will support students getting to their accommodation after arrival:
- Sending details of contact person of BKU for urgency cases before departure
- Sending details address & info of accommodation students choose (with Google map embeded) before departure
- Paying for taxi fees (maximum 250,000 VND) with the condition that students return the taxi bill to the University
For further information, please contact the International Admission Department (via email email@example.com)