• Established in 1874, located in the city of Adelaide, South Australia
• State-owned, diversified in major, has various campuses, belong to Group of Eight (Go8)- top 8 leading Australian universities.
• Trained five of the eight Australian scientists who won the Nobel Prize and the first astronauts of Australia.
• Scale: near 20,000 students (of which there are about 4,000 students from 88 countries), over 2,400 faculty andstaff.
• Slogan: "Light of learning under the cross."
• Affiliation programs: engineering, computing and mathematics, in North Terrace campus
|VISION AND MISSION|
• Build upon tradition and pursue innovation, through researching and teaching in various majors
• Develop internationally and pursue financial stability
• Provide a vibrant, intellectual environment for staffs and students.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge to solve petroleum engineering problems
• Ability to integrate with modern technology in the field.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Ability to work in groups and interact with colleagues and public in a professional, ethical and safe way.
• More than 120 graduate programs and more than 200 graduate programs.
• Affiliation programs with HCMUT ( Bach Khoa University) - OISP: petroleum engineering program
• University of Adelaide gives students a wide selection of accommodation depend on financial ability of each person, including: student residences, dormitories…
• In addition, the centres such as health, career, professional development, sport centres always support for studenst life
• Accommodation: Adelaide university is located in theWest End of the city and the college residence
See details at: http://adelaide.edu.au/accommodation.
• Living expenses: averagely 12,000 AUD per year (excluding insurance and security charges), less than the 18 percent compared to Sydney 17 percent to Melbourne.