- Bachelor of Engineering (Construction Material)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 140 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 16,700 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Construction Materials Engineering focuses on the mechanism of the interaction among the material components in construction materials mixture; the response of the materials used in the construction structure; the interaction and response of the materials when subjected to external forces and environment.
Construction Materials Engineers are responsible for the research, specification, design and development of materials to advance technologies and products of many kinds.
The career opportunities for students graduating with the Construction Materials Degrees are various. Some employers, but not restricted to, are as following:
- State-own agencies related to construction materials.
- Engineering consulting firms in the private sector (domestic and foreign).
- Construction material factories.
Construction Materials Engineers may involve in various tasks which depend on the industry and material they work with and the size of the organization they work for. Some common tasks are listed, but not limit to, below:
- Selecting the best combination of materials for specific purposes;
- Testing materials to assess for specific qualities (such as electrical conductivity, durability, renewability);
- Developing prototypes;
- Advising on the adaptability of a plant to new processes and materials;
- Supervising quality control throughout the construction and production process;
- Advising on inspection, maintenance and repair procedures.
- Students have 2 options:
- Option 1:
- Students study at BKU (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Construction Materials Engineering awarded by BKU (HCMUT).
- Option 2:
- After completing 02 years at BKU (HCMUT), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
- BKU (HCMUT) is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
- Study language: English
- Degree: Bachelor of Construction Materials Engineering awarded by BKU (HCMUT).
- Training duration: 04 years at BKU (HCMUT)
- Campus: BKU (HCMUT) campus. For more information about BKU (HCMUT) campus, please visit our campus.
SEMESTER 1 SUBJECTS CREDITS 1 English 1 2 2 National Defense Training (Theory) 0 3 National Defense Training (Pratice) 0 4 Physical Training 1 0 5 Linear Algebra 3 6 Calculus 1 4 7 Physics 1 4 8 Introduction to Engineering 3 9 Physics Lab 1 SEMESTER 2 SUBJECTS CREDITS 1 English 2 2 2 Physical Education 2 0 3 Calculus 2 4 4 Physics 2 4 5 General Chemistry 3 6 Civil Engineering Drawings 3 7 Theoretical Mechanics 3 SEMESTER 3 SUBJECTS CREDITS 1 English 3 2 2 Physical Education 3 0 3 Basic Principles of Marxim-Leninism 5 4 Probability & Statistics 3 5 Strength of Materials 4 6 Inorganic Chemistry 3 7 Basis of Surveying 3 SEMESTER 4 SUBJECTS CREDITS 1 English 4 2 2 Numerical Methods 3 3 Mechanics of Structures 4 4 Construction Materials 3 5 Engineering Geology 2 Summer Engineering Internship 1 SEMESTER 5 SUBJECTS CREDITS 1 Soil Mechanics 4 2 Fluid Mechanics 3 3 Steel Structures 2 4
(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 3 credits)
3 Principles of Construction Economics and Management 3 Construction Economics and Laws 3 5 Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology 2 6 Reinforced Concrete Structures 1 3 SEMESTER 6 SUBJECTS CREDITS 1 Direction of The Vietnam Communist Party 3 2 Foundation Engineering 3 3 Concrete Technology 3 4 Ceramics Technology 3 5 Advanced Testing of Construction Materials 1 6 Science & Technology of Materials 3 Summer Graduation Internship 3 SEMESTER 7 SUBJECTS CREDITS 1 Heat Insulating & Finishing Material Technology 2 2 Structural Testing 1 3 Precast Concrete Technology 3 4 Corrosion of Reinforced Concrete Structures 3 5 Cement Technology 3 6 Selective Courses(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 6 credits) 6 Reinforced Concrete Structures 2 3 Finite Element Method 3 Dynamic of Structures 3 Prestressed Concrete Structures 3 Architecture 3 Maintenance, Repair & Renovation of Structures 3 SEMESTER 8 SUBJECTS CREDITS 1 Graduation Thesis 9 2
(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 3 credits)
3 Tall Building 3 Urban Planning 3 Steel Structures 2 3
TUITION FEE & SCHOLARSHIP
The annual tuition fee is around 3,600 USD. The exact amount depends on the number of credits students register to study each semester. Please see the tuition fee structure in the link here.
Annual scholarships are provided for international students who have excellent performance during their studying time. Please see the scholarship programs here.
Generally, students who graduates from high school with the minimum average grade of 65% are eligible to apply for admission of a study programs.
Read more on the Admission Requirements here.