- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical – Electronics)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 144 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 16,700 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
The program is a part of the National Project and operates according to the latest curriculum from UIUC (USA).
The program equip students with modern knowledge, professional skills and abilities to use informatics & communication tools. It was developed to apply advanced training technology from United States partner universities.
After graduating the Electrical & Electronic Engineering from Bach Khoa University (Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology), engineers can take a lot of work in the field of Computer and Information Technology as:
- Design and construction of software, hardware for automatic control equipment like the control device in automobile, electronic equipments, barcode reading equipments, industrial robots, industrial chains.
- Managing and building security solutions for computer system and computer network.
- Working for software outsourcing companies in the USA, Japan and Europe markets.
- Consulting, appraising and developing information technology projects and solutions.
Students have 2 options:
Students taking this program will spend 04 years on studying at BKU (HCMUT). Students graduated from this program will receive the degree – Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering by BKU (HCMUT)
- The first three years: The program is completely similar to the program at UIUC. Students will focus on learning the interdisciplinary basic knowledge.
- The last year: Students will choose one of the three major concentrations to study, including Power and Energy System, Communication System and Control Engineering.
After completing 02 years at BKU (HCMUT), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our following oversea partner universities in Australia & USA the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree:
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (USA)
- Catholic University of America (USA)
- Rutgers University (USA)
- The University of Queensland (Australia)
- Macquarie University (Australia)
The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner university.
The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia and USA to get a Bachelor Degree awarded by the partner university.
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 04 years at BKU (HCMUT)
- Campus: BKU (HCMUT) campus. For more information about BKU (HCMUT) campus, please visit our campus
SEMESTER 1 CREDIT(s) 1 General Chemistry I 3 2 Engineering Lecture & English for Electrical – Eletronics Eng. 0 3 Calculus 4 4 Univ Physics, Elec & Mag 4 5 Intro to Elec & Computer Engrg 4 6 Military Training 0 7 Physical Traning 1 0 8 Introduction to Vietnamese Law System 2 SEMESTER 2 CREDIT(s) 1 Calculus of Several Variables 3 2 Calculus II 3 3 Intro to Computing Systems 4 4 Univ Physics – Elec & Mag 4 5 Physical Training 2 0 6 Engineering Lecture + English for Electrical-Electronics Eng. 0 7 Physic Lab 1 8 General Chemistry Lab I 1 SEMESTER 3 CREDIT(s) 1 Intro Differential Equation 3 2 Analog Signal Processing 4 3 Univ Physics Thermal Phys 2 4 Intro to Electromagnetic Field 3 5 Univ Physics, Quantum Phys 2 6 Physical Training 3 0 7 Solid State Electronic Devices 3 SEMESTER 4 CREDIT(s) 1 Linear Algebra 3 2 Computer Engineering 1 3 3 Electronics Circuits 3 4 Electronics Circuits Laboratory 2 5 Digital System Laboratory 2 SEMESTER 5 CREDIT(s) 1 Probability with Engineering Application 3 2 Digital Signal Processing 3 3 Computer Systems Engineering 3 4 Microcomputer Laboratory 2 5 Capstone Project 1 1 6 Economics 2 7 Numerical Methods 3 SEMESTER 6 CREDIT(s) 1 Thermodynamics 3 2 Digital Signal Processing Laboratory 2 3 Lines, Fields and Waves 3 4 Power Circuits and Electromechanics 3 5 Principle of Composition 3 6 Marketing 2 7 Capstone Project 2 1 SEMESTER 7 (Power – Energy System Area) CREDIT(s) 1 Intro to Control Systems + Contral Engineering Lab 4 2 Power Electronics 3 3 Electric Machinery 3 4 Electrical Machinery Laboratory (proposed by ECE HCMUT) 2 5 Industrial Quality Control 3 6 Senior Design Project 2 SEMESTER 8 (Power – Energy System Area) CREDIT(s) 1 Power Systems Analysis 3 2 Renewable Energy Systems 3 3 Techniques for Engineering Decisions 3 4 Power Electronics Laboratory 2 5 Electrical Power Systems Lab (proposed by ECE HCMUT) 2 6 Communication Networks 3 7 Senior Design Project 2 SEMESTER 7 (Communication Systems Area) CREDIT(s) 1 Communications I 3 2 Intro to Image and Video Processing 3 3 Radio Communication Circuits 3 4 Communication Networks 3 5 Senior Design Project 2 6 Industrial Quality Control 3 SEMESTER 8 (Communication Systems Area) CREDIT(s) 1 Communication II 3 2 Digital Communications Laboratory 2 3 Computer Networking Laboratory 3 4 Digital Communications 3 5 Techniques for Engineering Decisions 3 6 Wireless Network 3 7 Senior Design Project 2
TUITION FEE & SCHOLARSHIP
The annual tuition fee is around 3,600 USD. The exact amount depends on the number of credits students register to study each semester. Please see the tuition fee structure in the link here.
Annual scholarships are provided for international students who have excellent performance during their studying time. Please see the scholarship programs here.
Generally, students who graduates from high school with the minimum average grade of 65% are eligible to apply for admission of a study programs.
Read more on the Admission Requirements here.