- Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 140 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 16,700 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Environmental Engineering provides students with knowledge of chemical, physical and biological processes in environmental pollution control; techniques and construction operating management or environmental control system such as disposing of urban and industrial sewage; air pollution control, disposing of solid waste and toxics; and recycle, reuse, renew wastes, etc.
Students graduating from this program are involved in efforts to improve recycling, waste disposal, public health, and control of water and air pollution.
Graduates may work on designing, planning, and implementing measures to prevent, control, or remediate environmental hazards.
Graduates can work in the following areas related (but not restricted to):
- Design and evaluation of erosion control systems
- Systems and processes for management and utilization of wastes
- Design and management of water control systems
- Inspection, evaluation, and reporting for regulatory compliance
- Air quality monitoring, air emission measurement and modeling, air pollution mitigation and control, and air dispersion modeling
- Design of animal housing
- Environmental management
- Expert witness
- Students have 2 options:
- Option 1:
- Students study at BKU (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Environmental Engineering awarded by BKU (HCMUT).
- Option 2:
- After completing 02 years at BKU (HCMUT), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
- BKU (HCMUT) is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
- Study language: English
- Degree: Bachelor of Environmental Engineering awarded by BKU (HCMUT).
- Training duration: 04 years at BKU (HCMUT)
- Campus: BKU (HCMUT) campus. For more information about BKU (HCMUT) campus, please visit our campus.
SEMESTER 1 CREDITS 1 Ecology 2 2 National Defense Training (Theory) 0 3 National Defense Training (Pratice) 0 4 Physical Training 1 0 5 Linear Algebra 3 6 Calculus 1 4 7 Physics 1 4 8 Introduction to Engineering 3 9 Physics Lab 1 SEMESTER 2 CREDITS 1 Analytical Chemistry 3 2 Physical Education 2 0 3 Calculus 2 4 4 Environmental Microbiology 4 5 General Chemistry 3 6 Engineering Drawings 3 SEMESTER 3 CREDITS 1 Fluid Mechanics 3 2 Physical Education 3 0 3 Basic Principles of Marxim-Leninism 5 4 Probability & Statistics 3 5 Biological Processes in Environmental Engineering 3 6 Chemistry for Environmental Engineering and Science 1 3 SEMESTER 4 CREDITS 1 Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer 3 2 Strengths of Materials 3 3 Chemistry for Environmental Engineering and Science 2 3 4 Physical Chemical and Chemical Processes in Environmental Engineering 3 5 Selective Courses
(Choose subjects to accumulate al least 4 credits)
4 Industrial safety and Environmental Hygiene 2 Environmental Law & Policy 2 Environmental Modelling 3 Methods of Calculus 3 SEMESTER 5 CREDITS 1 Analysis & Design of Structures for Environmental Engineers 4 2 Air Pollution Control Engineering 4 3 Water Treatment Engineering 4 4 Selective Course
(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 3 credits)
3 Economics 3 Project Management for Engineers 3 Business Administration for Engineers 3 5 Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology 2 6 Study Trips Workshop 1 SEMESTER 6 CREDITS 1 Wastewater Treatment Engineering 4 2 Solid Waste Treatment Engineering 4 3 Project – Air Pollution Control Engineering 2 4 Project – Water Treatment Engineering 2 5 Revolutionary Policies of the Vietnam Communist Party 3 6 General Vietnamese Law 3 7 Selective Course
(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 3 credits)
3 Contaminated Soil Remediation Engineering 3 Ecological Engineering 3 Summer Graduation Internship 3 SEMESTER 7 CREDITS 1 Water Supply Distribution & Sewerage Systems 3 2 Ventilation & Noise Pollution Control Engineering 3 3 Project – Wastewater Treatment Engineering 2 4 Project – Solid Waste Treatment Engineering 2 5 Thesis Outline 0 6 Selective Courses(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 6 credits) 6 Optimization & Environmental Statistics 3 Application of GIS and Remote Sensing for Natural Resourses & Environmental Management 3 Waste Incinerator Engineering 3 Cleaner Production 2 Climate Change 2 SEMESTER 8 CREDITS 1 Graduation Thesis 9
TUITION FEE & SCHOLARSHIP
The annual tuition fee is around 3,600 USD. The exact amount depends on the number of credits students register to study each semester. Please see the tuition fee structure in the link here.
Annual scholarships are provided for international students who have excellent performance during their studying time. Please see the scholarship programs here.
Generally, students who graduates from high school with the minimum average grade of 65% are eligible to apply for admission of a study programs.
Read more on the Admission Requirements here.