- Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental Management and Technology)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 144 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 16,700 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Environmental Management and Technology Programs students are equipped with updated knowledge basis of environmental and natural resources management, remote sensing and GIS applications in natural resources management; knowledge of treatment technology to water supply, waste water, waste gas and solid waste.
Environmental Management and Technology engineers can meet the recruitment needs and work at the national and local state agency on environment, projects management board, manufacturing enterprises, industrial areas, non-governmental organizations, domestic and foreign environmental consulting firms and centers, research institutes and universities specialized in environmental resource management.
- State management offices often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology Science graduated from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, such as Provincial Ministry and Department of Environment and Natural Resources; Provincial Conservation Department; Environmental Monitoring Center of the province; Ministry and Department of Science and Technology; Ministry and Department of Agriculture and Rural Development; District-based Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management…
- Management Board of national, provincial, municipal, local projects such as of environmental sanitation and drainage basin improvement, renovation of river-basin water in quality, provincial management of solid waste, industrial zone and EPZ management, etc.
- Companies often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology graduated from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, including: SEEN, Energy Development Center (EDEC), Nike Vietnam, Clover Technologies Group, and the environmental consulting firm with advisory functions in setting up feasibility report for projects relating to the environment, natural resources, report for environmental impact assessment and for local / national / regional development planning, etc.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology graduated from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, including: IUCN Vietnam, CARE Vietnam, and foreign NGOs such as WWF, Save the Children, ENDA, social organizations such as Water and Environmental Conservation Unions, Environmental Conservation Association, etc
Students have 2 options:
Students study at BKU (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Environmental Management & Technology awarded by BKU (HCMUT).
After completing 02 years at HCMUT (BKU), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to Griffith University (Australia) the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the Griffith University (Australia).
The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia to get a Bachelor Degree awarded by the Griffith University (Australia).
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 04 years at BKU (HCMUT)
- Campus: BKU (HCMUT) campus. For more information about HCMUT (BKU) campus, please visit our campus.
Sem. Subjects Credits 1 Calculus 1 4 1 Linear algebra 3 1 Physics 1 4 1 Physics Laboratory 1 1 English 1 2 1 General chemistry 2 1 General chemistry Lab 1 1 Military training 0 1 Physical training 1 0 Sem. Subjects Credits 2 Calculus 2 4 2 English 2 2 2 Probability & Statistics 3 2 Basic principles of Marxism-Leninism 5 2 Engineering and Professional Skills 3 2 Environmental Analytical Chemistry 1 and Lab 3 2 Physical training 2 0 Sem. Subjects Credits 3 Numerical methods 3 3 English 3 2 3 Technical drawing 3 3 Direction of the Vietnam communist party 3 3 Business administration for Engineers 3 3 Environmental analytical chemistry 2 and Lab 3 3 Optimization and Environmental statistics 2 3 Physical training 3 0 Sem. Subjects Credits 4 Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology 2 4 English 4 2 4 Environmental toxicology and Lab-works 3 4 Physico-chemical processes for Environmental engineering 2 4 Environmental Law and Policy 2 4 Environmental systems analysis 2 4 Environmental hydrology 2 4 Environmental Ecology 2 Sem. Subjects Credits 5 Environmental Microbiology + Lab 3 5 Biological processes for environmental engineering 2 5 Gas analysis for natural resources and environmental management 3 5 Soil pollution management and control 2 5 Solid and Hazardous Waste Management 2 5 Environmental Modeling 2 5 Occupational safety and environmental hygiene in industry 2 5 Environmental monitoring 2 Sem. Subjects Credits 6 Lab Course on waste treatment 2 6 Air pollution control 2 6 Geographic information system and remote sensing for natural resources environmental management 3 6 Environmental Management in Urban& Industrial park 2 6 Resource and environmental economics 2 6 Project planning and Analysis for engineers 3 6 Study tours 2 6 Water resource management 3 Sem. Subjects Credits 7 Semester paper 2 7 Water and wastewater treatment technology +Field visit 3 7 Environmental impact & risk assessment 3 7 Elective courses 8 Sem. Subjects Credits 8 Graduation internship 3 8 Managing urban water supply and drainage system 2 8 Thesis 9
TUITION FEE & SCHOLARSHIP
The annual tuition fee is around 3,600 USD. The exact amount depends on the number of credits students register to study each semester. Please see the tuition fee structure in the link here.
Annual scholarships are provided for international students who have excellent performance during their studying time. Please see the scholarship programs here.
Generally, students who graduates from high school with the minimum average grade of 65% are eligible to apply for admission of a study programs.
Read more on the Admission Requirements here.