Students studying the of Environmental Management and Technology Programs at HCMUT (BKU) are equipped with updated knowledge basis of environmental and natural resources management, remote sensing and GIS applications in natural resources management; knowledge of treatment technology to water supply, waste water, waste gas and solid waste.
Students will also learn how to link management decisions with local, regional and global sustainability initiatives and be equipped to develop clear alternatives for professional organizations to secure a sustainable future, in both economic and environmental terms.
Soft skills such as teamwork, communication, identifying & solving problems through hands-on training are also offered to our students in a creative, professional, dynamic and competitive international environment.
Environmental Management and Technology engineers can meet the recruitment needs and work at the national and local state agency on environment, projects management board, manufacturing enterprises, industrial areas, non-governmental organizations, domestic and foreign environmental consulting firms and centers, research institutes and universities specialized in environmental resource management.
- State management offices often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology Science graduated from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, such as Provincial Ministry and Department of Environment and Natural Resources; Provincial Conservation Department; Environmental Monitoring Center of the province; Ministry and Department of Science and Technology; Ministry and Department of Agriculture and Rural Development; District-based Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management...
- Management Board of national, provincial, municipal, local projects such as of environmental sanitation and drainage basin improvement, renovation of river-basin water in quality, provincial management of solid waste, industrial zone and EPZ management, etc.
- Companies often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology graduated from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, including: SEEN, Energy Development Center (EDEC), Nike Vietnam, Clover Technologies Group, and the environmental consulting firm with advisory functions in setting up feasibility report for projects relating to the environment, natural resources, report for environmental impact assessment and for local / national / regional development planning, etc.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology graduated from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, including: IUCN Vietnam, CARE Vietnam, and foreign NGOs such as WWF, Save the Children, ENDA, social organizations such as Water and Environmental Conservation Unions, Environmental Conservation Association, etc
Students have 2 options:
Students study at HCMUT (BKU) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Environmental Management & Technology awarded by HCMUT (BKU).
After completing 02 years at HCMUT (BKU), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to Griffith University (Australia) the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the Griffith University (Australia).
The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia to get a Bachelor Degree awarded by the Griffith University (Australia).
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT (BKU)
- Campus: HCMUT (BKU) campus. For more information about HCMUT (BKU) campus, please visit our campus.
|1||General chemistry Lab||1|
|1||Physical training 1||0|
|2||Probability & Statistics||3|
|2||Basic principles of Marxism-Leninism||5|
|2||Engineering and Professional Skills||3|
|2||Environmental Analytical Chemistry 1 and Lab||3|
|2||Physical training 2||0|
|3||Direction of the Vietnam communist party||3|
|3||Business administration for Engineers||3|
|3||Environmental analytical chemistry 2 and Lab||3|
|3||Optimization and Environmental statistics||2|
|3||Physical training 3||0|
|4||Ho Chi Minh's Ideology||2|
|4||Environmental toxicology and Lab-works||3|
|4||Physico-chemical processes for Environmental engineering||2|
|4||Environmental Law and Policy||2|
|4||Environmental systems analysis||2|
|5||Environmental Microbiology + Lab||3|
|5||Biological processes for environmental engineering||2|
|5||Gas analysis for natural resources and environmental management||3|
|5||Soil pollution management and control||2|
|5||Solid and Hazardous Waste Management||2|
|5||Occupational safety and environmental hygiene in industry||2|
|6||Lab Course on waste treatment||2|
|6||Air pollution control||2|
|6||Geographic information system and remote sensing for natural resources environmental management||3|
|6||Environmental Management in Urban& Industrial park||2|
|6||Resource and environmental economics||2|
|6||Project planning and Analysis for engineers||3|
|6||Water resource management||3|
|7||Water and wastewater treatment technology +Field visit||3|
|7||Environmental impact & risk assessment||3|
|8||Managing urban water supply and drainage system||2|
For more information about fees and scholarships, please click here
For more information about admission period, please click here
For more information about admission requirements, please click here
Contact admission department for more information:
Phone: (+84) 8 7300 4183 | Mobile: (+84) 938 899 880
Address: 268 Ly Thuong Kiet St., Dist.10, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Room 306, Building A4)