- Bachelor of Engineering (Petroleum)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 144 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 16,700 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Petroleum Engineering program features studies in physics, chemistry, mathematics, geology, economics and other specialist petroleum engineering topics.
Students will be prepared for petroleum industry and its related fields such as drilling, exploitation, petroleum production, reservoir engineering and transportation of oil, natural gas and petroleum economics, etc.
Graduates can work in either Vietnamese or foreign petroleum companies, including:
- The subsidiaries of Petrovietnam – Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PVEP, PVD, PTSC, PIDC, VPI…)
- The joint ventures and the joint operations (VSP, JVPC, Petronas, Cuu Long JOC, Hoang Long JOC, Universal JOC, Truong Son JOC …)
- Multinational petroleum corporations (BP, Unocal, Exxon Mobile …), international petroleum technical service corporations (Schlumberger, BJ, Halliburton, GEOSERVICES, Baker Hughes, Weatherford, …)
- Universities, Institutes of Petroleum, drilling and groundwater extraction enterprises, Provincial Department of Science and Technology – Environment, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Provincial Department of Industry)
Students have 2 options:
Students study at BKU (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Petroleum Engineering from BKU (HCMUT).
After completing 02 years at BKU (HCMUT), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to the University of Adelaide (ADL), Australia the later 02 year to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the University of Adelaide (ADL), Australia
The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia to get a Bachelor Degree awarded.
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 04 years at BKU (HCMUT)
- Campus: BKU (HCMUT) campus. For more information about BKU (HCMUT) campus, please visit our campus
SEMESTER COURSE Credit(s) 1 English 2 1 Fundamental Chemistry 2 1 Communication Skills & Introduction to the Petroleum Industry 2 1 Calculus 1 4 1 General Physics A1 4 1 Fundamental Geology 3 1 Fundamental Geology Practice 1 SEMESTER COURSE Credit(s) 2 English 2 2 Introduction to Computer science 3 2 Calculus 2 4 2 General Physics A2 4 2 Physics Experiment 1 2 Crystallography, Mineralography & Petrography 3 2 Practicing of Crystallography, Mineralography & Petrography 1 SEMESTER COURSE Credit(s) 3 English 2 3 Linear Algebra 3 3 Process Engineering I 3 3 Fundamental of Hydro-mechanics 2 3 Introduction to petroleum engineering 3 3 Engineering Thermodynamics 2 3 Probability and Statistics 2 SEMESTER COURSE Credit(s) 4 English 2 4 Numerical method 2 4 Petroleum Geophysics 3 4 Drilling Engineering 3 4 Petroleum Geology 3 4 Fluid Mechanics 2 4 Fluid Mechanics Experiment 1 4 Sedimentology & Stratigraphy Sequences 2 4 Applied Computing for Engineers 2 4 Drilling Practice 1 SEMESTER COURSE Credit(s) 5 Petroleum Production Engineering 3 5 Geomechanics 3 5 Nodal analysis 2 5 Remote sensing and GIS method 2 5 Well Logging 2 5 Well Testing and Pressure Transient Analysis 5 Gathering, Transportation and Processing In Petroleum Industry 2 5 Environmental Geology 2 5 Geotechnics of Sub-Structure 2 5 Hydrogeological engineering 2 SEMESTER COURSE Credit(s) 6 Well Completion 2 6 Reservoir Engineering 3 6 Structural Geology and Seismic Methods 2 6 Drilling Fluid and Cementing 3 6 Geostatistics 2 6 Marine geology 2 SEMESTER COURSE Credit(s) 7 Reservoir Characterization & Modeling 2 7 Enhanced Oil Recovery 3 7 Petroleum Engineering Honor Project 1 7 Environment Conservation In Oil Industry 2 7 Decision Making Under Uncertainty 2 7 Integrated Reservoir Management 2 7 Oil and Gas Resources and Reserves 2 7 Gas Conditioning and Processing 2 7 Reservoir simulation 2 SEMESTER COURSE Credit(s) 8 Thesis internship 3 8 Thesis 9
TUITION FEE & SCHOLARSHIP
The annual tuition fee is around 3,600 USD. The exact amount depends on the number of credits students register to study each semester. Please see the tuition fee structure in the link here.
Annual scholarships are provided for international students who have excellent performance during their studying time. Please see the scholarship programs here.
Generally, students who graduates from high school with the minimum average grade of 65% are eligible to apply for admission of a study programs.
Read more on the Admission Requirements here.