Bach Khoa University - Vietnam National University
(Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology)
For bilateral exchange students
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Bach Khoa University) - Vietnam National University, established in 1957, is a national and comprehensive university with 11 academic faculties, offering Doctor, Master and Undergraduate programs in various majors.
With a professional and creative environment being actively shaped, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Bach Khoa University) has been in a continuously significant progress of development, asserting its role as a leading university of training and scientific research in Southern Vietnam as well as in the whole country.
Address: 268 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Ward 14, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
To promote cultural understanding throughout the world, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Bach Khoa University) offers opportunities and encourages students to experience student life abroad. Students could choose to exchange from one semester to one year at HCMUT (BKU). We have developed close association with distinguished Universities throughout the world.
All incoming international students are required to fill out the application form. The scanned copies should be sent to the coordinator at HCMUT (BKU) via email by the home institution before the deadline. The original application packages must be submitted on arrival. Scanned copy of it is used to speed up the documents for getting Visa.
① Application form Printed out after filling them out (by typewritten)
- A photo: head shot picture with a white background showing your ears is required for International safety and identification purposes.
- The type-written essay should be a minimum length of 500 words and a maximum of 800.
② Official Academic Transcript “in English” (issued by the applicant’s home institution)
③ One (1) Letter of Recommendation
- Preferably from a professor
- Recommendations are from family members or friends are not valid
④ One (1) Copy of the photo page of the passport
⑤ A proof of English language skills
- To be eligible for the program a student must have a Grade Point Average of at least 2.5 out of a 4.0 (2.8 out of a 4.5), and must not be on academic or disciplinary probation.
- The exchange students are required to have a good command of English and/or the official language of host country.
- Students will exchange one semester or two semesters.
Application for Fall semester: March 30th
Application for Spring semester: October 30th
|**Application deadlines is based the dates that the scanned copy of the student’s application reaches the Office of International Transfer of HCMUT (BKU)|
|One month before your arrival|
|It is not necessary to send a housing request form to us, staff of HCMUT (BKU) will register on behalf of international students. A deposit of $100 should be transferred 6 weeks before arrival in order to be processed and reserved a place in dormitory. The deposit is student’s personal responsibility. Students are required to Submit Health certificate|
Fall semester: 1ST week of August
Spring semester: 1ST week of January
|HCMUT (BKU) will send the list of courses offered in English and the process to the students in order to pre-register for courses.|
|Spring semester 2016||Fall semester 2016|
|Official Arrival Date||January 4, 2016||August 08, 2016|
|Class Begin||January 11, 2016||August 17, 2016|
Orientation Week &
|First week of each semester|
The regulations for obtaining visas change from time to time. Successful applicants will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment from HCMUT (BKU).
Procedures needed to get Vietnam student visa:
- Step 1: Get started by filling in the application from the local Vietnam Embassy website or collected in person from the embassy. The embassy may request additional documentation (Confirmation of Enrolment) from the school showing that you are enrolled and duration.
- Step 2: You have to submit:
- Your application
- Certificate of Enrolment from the University.
- Your valid passport
- Two passport-sized photos.
- Proof of study from your school and the application fee.
The application fee will be ranged from $95 - $145 depending on how quickly you need your visa. We will also support your Visa in Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Step 3: If your Visa be approved, you will be sent an approval letter by email.
- Step 4: Upon arrival at Tan Son Nhat International Airport, you are expected to fill in a simple form, present your approval letter, Passport and pay your stamping fee.
|Building||Room Type and Fee|
|Dorm||$100 US Dollar per month|
Type of housing: 4 people room
4 Single Beds in a room / Shared-bathroom
|* Exchange students need to pay the accommodation fee by cash within 7 days after arrival to Dormitory.|
Health Check – up:
Student is required to submit the result of Health Check-up (tuberculosis, TB) or x-ray to move into dormitory.
We recommend that students should purchase health insurance at your home country upon their arrival.
Pick-up service from Tan Son Nhat International Airport
Free airport pick-up service is provided for all exchange students. Please submit your flight details at least 72 hours prior arrival date.
Students are responsible for claiming credits of coursework completed at HCMUT procedures regarding this matter.
The academic records will be sent to students’ home university by post after the exchange students’ returning to home.
|Classification||10 point grading scale||4 –point grading scale|
|Very good||8.00||≤ 9.00||A||3.5|
|Above Average||6.00||≤ 7.00||B||2.5|
|Very poor||3.00||≤ 4.00||D||1.0|
|Study-abroad program||1,800 US Dollar per semester|
|Exchange Program||Waived tuition fee|
Exchange students coming from our partner universities are waived tuition fee. The number of students is limited by the agreements.
Students will be responsible for necessary health insurance and medical costs.
Books, living expenses, transportation and any other costs will be the individual responsibility.
Study programs: http://oisp.bku.edu.vn/en/study-programs.html
Estimated personal expenses per month
|Food (per meal)||2-6 USD|
|Fee for dormitory||100 USD/ month|
|Health insurance||25 USD/ month|
• bus fare: 5.00 USD/month
• taxi fare: You can reach everywhere within 1.00 USD/km
|Academic (books, etc.)||Around 52 USD/ semester|
|Personal (entertainment, etc.)||100 – 200 USD/ month|
*See current exchange rate here: https://www.vietcombank.com.vn/exchangerates/default.aspx?&lang=en
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City, South Vietnam|
|City Population||Approximately 8,000,000 inhabitants|
|Name of Partners’ Universities||Country|
|Chonbuk National University||Korea|
|Chonnam National University||Korea|
|Hanbat National University||Korea|
|Pai Chai University||Korea|